We can enjoy a good quality of physical wellbeing, whatever our age
You perhaps have aches and pains, gradual weight gain, and are developing a “can’t be bothered” mentality. You might feel increasingly tired and tell yourself this is all just part of aging. Perhaps you do the same exercise month after month and no longer feel the benefits, and risk losing the habit. Motivation is an issue.
There is nothing inevitable about declining health as we enter middle age. However we certainly need to look after ourselves more carefully. I am a well-qualified Nutritional Therapist, Personal Trainer, Sport and Remedial Massage Therapist, Certified Oxygen Advantage Instructor and Advanced Pilates Instructor. With your trust and commitment, openness to new ideas, and willingness to discuss progress and feelings, together we can work to make you steadily feel more confident, more energetic, and happier.
I adopt a gradual, holistic approach. I concentrate on exercise technique, nutrition, postural alignment, core engagement, breathing and recovery. I address imbalances in both movement and food intake. Optimum nutrition, proper rest, pilates, breathing and recovery (sometimes with massage) are key elements of my own health and fitness, and I am qualified and experienced to share this approach with you.
I fully understand that commitment can feel daunting. For this reason I offer a free consultation (see below) to start you off on your journey to feeling good.
- BSc Hons: Physiology and Nutrition
- PGCE: Biology and Science Teaching
- Diploma in Nutritional Therapy (DipION) – Institute for Optimum Nutrition
- Diploma in Sport and Soft Tissue Massage Therapy – level 5
- Diploma in Personal Training – level 3
- Specialist Diploma in Advanced Pilates – level 3
- Certificate in Pre and Post Natal pilates and exercise
- Certificate in Pilates for Common Orthopaedic Conditions
- Certificate in Postural Assessment and Corrective Exercise
- Certified Oxygen Advantage Breathing instructor
- Qualified First Aider
- Member of the British Association of Nutritional Therapists (BANT)
- Member of the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- Member of the Institute for Sport and Remedial Massage (ISRM)
- Member of the Register for Exercise Professionals (REPs)